Monday, February 14, 2011

Currency

I was having a somewhat of a difficult time deciding on what I wanted to do for the currency project. In my head it had to be big and perfect. We'll I stumbled across this website that is featuring Scientists and Mathematicians--as you scroll down you will notice that not all scientist or mathematicians. So that got me thinking--why don't I do things that I enjoy--question is does it have to be cohesive?
Aryabhata Satellite, 2 Indian Rupees (1983). The note is now obsolete. The satellite is named after the Indian mathematician Aryabhata.

Kristian Birkeland, 200 Norwegian Kroner (1994)

Blaise Pascal, 500 French Frances (1977). The note is now obsolete.


Ruggero Boscovich..I like the 4 bills below--because they just changed the color. SIMPLE







Nicolaus Copernicus, 1000 old Polish Zloty (1982)

Fryderyk Franciszek Chopin, 5000 Polish Zloty (1982). This note is now obsolete. Chopin was a great composer.

Louis Pasteur, 5 French Frances (1966)

Ozone Depletion, 100 Antarctican Dollars (2001). The note is now obsolete. SILLY IT'S NOT 'REAL' CURRENCY! 

Total Solar Eclipse, 2000 Romanian Lei (1999). The note is now obsolete. This note commemorates the total solar eclipse visible over Romania in 1999. On the back is a map of Romania with eclipse path.

Voltaire (Francois-Marie Arouet), 10 French Francs (1964)
The note is now obsolete. Voltaire was a author and satirist, a french philosopher.

3 comments:

  1. Please do more than change the color of each bill, please!!!

    I like the inventors approach. Do some more research and come up with some great images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the one in full color, the Louis Pasture, 5 French Frances. I also like the one from Antarctica because I love anything dealing with outer space and I love anything dealing with chemistry. I love science in general :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are really interesting. i like the variety of images you have found. just be careful, you want to make your currency look like its from the same place or for the same group of people. (i am assuming)

    ReplyDelete